By Jane Flanagan
November 11, 2022
- 456% increase in generic organic traffic
- 2,400% increase in generic organic revenue
Joanna Griffiths launched Knix with the goal of transforming an underwear market that had too much frill and not enough function. A trailblazer with the creation of Leakproof Underwear, she continues to focus on listening to what people want and bringing revolutionary solutions to life.
Knix wanted to increase generic organic sales and grow its company exponentially across all categories, including leakproof underwear, incontinence underwear, bras, and more. They relied heavily on paid search and social for the majority of their sales, and generic organic search was contributing a very nominal amount to their revenue targets.
Increase generic organic revenue and rely less on paid media
Increase brand awareness via top-of-funnel articles
Increase domain authority & trustworthiness
- The organic rankings across TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU keywords were dominated by numerous competitors & publishers with extremely high authority websites
- Naming conventions of products were not influenced by SEO
- Knix had an existing content marketing strategy and blog, but SEO did not play a role in content ideation or creation
- At times, what Knix stood for in terms of inclusivity and body positivity was in conflict with what search engines ‘wanted’ for particular keywords
We listen. Then we help.
- Prioritize keywords based on SEM queries that are driving the most revenue
- Create authoritative and engaging TOFU and MOFU content utilizing TF-IDF while staying true to the brand voice, mission, and vision
- Continually optimize and uplevel performing content to defend and improve ranking and provide readers with more value
- Reconciled Knix’s challenger brand positioning with the demands of search engines to write about certain topics in certain ways, creating a win/win of addressing high volume keywords without compromising on what Knix stands for
- Introduce ‘micro-conversions’ into SEO content to nurture content visitors through a buying journey